Neovision Online Privacy Practices and Principles
Neovision offers a wide range of tax and financial services, including tax preparation, mortgages and investment services, through various affiliates and franchisees. Because we offer a variety of services both online (via the Internet) and throughout Neovision’s nationwide network of offices, Neovision’s privacy practices will vary depending on how you interact with Neovision. The following guidelines set forth general privacy principles that apply to our Web site. When you establish a business relationship with Neovision, we will make you aware of our privacy practices that apply to that particular business or relationship.
We describe below our general practices regarding information collection through our Internet Web site at neovisioninc.com. These practices do not apply to our physical offices you may visit for services, and these practices do not apply to specific Web site based relationships you may have with Greater NJ Mortgage Corporation, ResponsiveWeb LLC, or other affiliates of Neovision. Those Neovision affiliates will provide you with their privacy policies when you enter into a business relationship with them.
Information We Collect
When you visit neovisioninc.com, we may collect information about you from the following categories and sources:
* Information we receive when you request services, or information from us or companies with whom we have business relationships, enter contests or sweepstakes, or complete surveys or polls, such as your name, address, e-mail address and payment or billing information.
* Information you provide when you apply for employment with Neovision or any of its affiliates.
We also employ a software technology called clear gifs (also known as web beacons), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. Clear gifs and cookies are not tied to users’ personally identifiable information.
Like most standard Web site servers, Neovision uses log files. Information collected in log files may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. When you use certain online tax services, IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to enable users to file or transmit tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service.
* When you use calculators and other tools on our Web sites that do not require registration, Neovision may collect non-identifiable data from such tools, such as the number of people that use a certain tool. Neovision may also set cookies or clear gifs based upon your use of tools and calculators to help us customize offers and tools to your particular interests. Neovision will not record or track any data you enter into standalone tools and calculators in any way that identifies you personally, unless we specifically inform you that we are doing so at the time you provide such data.
* When you use our office locator service, we may collect data such as address or zip code information you provide so that we can better assess the level of interest in our services in a particular area, and the effectiveness of the locator tool at helping clients actually use our services.
How We May Disclose Your Information
For information collected on hrblock.com as described above under “Information We Collect”, Neovision may disclose such information to the following categories of persons:
* Third Parties. Neovision does not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their promotional or marketing uses.
* Affiliates. Neovision may provide information it collects to its affiliates. We disclose information to our affiliates in order to respond to your requests for information or services, or to help limit your receipt of marketing materials you have requested not to receive.
* Service Providers. Neovision may disclose information to a service provider in order to perform a service for Neovision or perform a function on our behalf. Examples could include sweepstakes administrators that help us manage contests and sweepstakes we offer, or companies that print letters or manage our electronic mail for us. Service providers will use the information provided to them to perform the requested service as directed by Neovision.
* Joint Marketing Arrangements. Neovision may provide information it collects to joint marketers with whom Neovision has a marketing arrangement. For example, Neovision may enter into agreements with airlines or credit card companies to provide you with “miles” or “points” for visiting the Neovision Web site or purchasing certain products or services from Neovision. In such case, Neovision would provide identifying information about you to the company in order to credit your account with such “miles” or “points”. The joint marketer may use your information for other purposes permitted by law.
* Franchisees. If you request services in an area served by an Neovision franchise, or if you enroll in a tax course provided by an Neovision franchise, Neovision may disclose your service request or enrollment information to such franchisee.
* Persons Who Acquire Our Assets or Business. If Neovision sells or transfers any of its business or assets, certain information about our clients may be a part of that sale or transfer. In the event of such a sale or transfer, Neovision will notify you. The notification procedure will be the same as the procedure we use to notify you of a change in our privacy statement as described below.
* Persons Who Request Information for Legal Purposes. We may disclose your information to affiliates or non-affiliated third parties when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required by law. This may occur in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding that produces a request for information from Neovision.
We may disclose aggregate information compiled using your personal information that does not identify you individually or personally. This may include, for example, the total number of visitors to our Web site from a particular state, or the average age of a user of our Web sites.
Links to Other Web sites and Offers for Third Party Products.
Neovision’s Web site may contain links to third party Web sites or offers for services from third parties. For any such third party products or services, you should carefully read the privacy policies of the third parties providing such products or services and any terms and conditions applicable to such products or services.
Neovision may also have business relationships with third parties that provide products or services on the Neovision site. These companies are clearly indicated on our Web sites. When you request products or services from such companies, you give Neovision permission to provide these third parties with personal information about you necessary to fulfill or process your request.
As an example, we may have special offers for dial-up or broadband internet service on our Web site through a third party provider. If you click on a link promoting such services you may be linked directly to the third party site or Neovision may collect and provide information about you to such third party to fulfill your request for such internet services.
Children Under Age 13
Because of the financial nature of the services we provide, we do not market our Web site to children under the age of 13.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement.
If we make a material change to this Privacy Statement, including a material change in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by using one of the following methods at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of such change: (1) we will post a notice on our Web site describing the change; or (2) we will send you electronic mail notifying you of the change.
Updating your Information: Most of the information we collect as described in this Privacy Statement either does not identify you personally or is not stored in an online accessible format. Other affiliates of Neovision may also have their own procedures for limiting communications from them. The user will need to directly contact the affiliate that they are working with in order to update their information or modify their communication preferences.
Contacting Us With Questions
Neovision is a licensee of the ResponsiveWeb Privacy Program. ResponsiveWeb is an independent organization whose mission is to build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. Because this Web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed for compliance by ResponsiveWeb. The ResponsiveWeb program covers only information that is collected through the Neovision Web site and does not cover information you provide in connection with transactions with Neovision, or other Neovision affiliates or information that may be collected through Neovision software.